Wondrous Dynamic Dress - Now available!

ThespiSisThespiSis Posts: 118

Looking for something for a young character for a fairy tale render? What about for a period render? The Wondrous Dynamic Dress is a set of 3 DS Dynamic garments for Young Teen Julie. It comes with a petticoat, dress, and pinafore in a style reminiscent of days gone by.

Update: The dress is now available!

http://www.daz3d.com/wondrous-dynamic-dress

Popup4.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
Popup3.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 793K
Popup2.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 2M
Popup1.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 823K
Main_Promo.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 1M
Post edited by ThespiSis on

Comments

• ThespiSisThespiSis Posts: 118
    edited December 1969

More images--with all the texture options.

Popup7.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Popup6.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 763K
    Popup5.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 834K
  • DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

Yay! This outfit is so freaking adorable!!! Fell in love with it right away. I believe that "SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!* was my first response. :P

AliceWondrous2s.jpg
    1150 x 1150 - 1M
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033
    edited December 1969

Lovely :)

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

woot woot!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,920
    edited December 1969

Are the frilly and non-frilly pinafore down to styles or to transmaps?

edited June 2013

There are presets to turn the opacity to 0 for the MAT zones for the back of the skirt of the pinafore (creating more of an apron style) and for the ruffles on the top of the pinafore. There is also a preset to shorten the dress (which uses a trans map) to allow more of the petticoat to show if you wish, and there are three colors of lace for the neck and sleeve cuffs of the dress.

Post edited by ThespiSis on
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

A dynamic dress! For Julie! My mind = blown :D This has my attention ^^

edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    A dynamic dress! For Julie! My mind = blown :D This has my attention ^^

Excellent! I'm glad to hear it. :)

• VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

Looks wonderful. Glad to see more dynamic clothing being made available.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

I've tried the dress on a few other shapes, including hitomi and Aiko 5, and the results are quite cute! <3</p>

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Want it! My precious <3 =P~</p>

edited December 1969

I've tried the dress on a few other shapes, including hitomi and Aiko 5, and the results are quite cute! <3 </div>

This was a test I did of it on V5, and I've also used it on a teen G2F Character. It requires an animated drape, but she's right it works rather nicely as a vintage dress on adult characters too.

wondress_v5.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 161K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,920
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the answer. It all looks very good.

• ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

The dress looks very cute. I even have a figure/character that could benefit from such a lovely modest dress.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

Zelroth said:
    The dress looks very cute. I even have a figure/character that could benefit from such a lovely modest dress.
    Looks great!
  • RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Very nice :) looking forward to this one.

I always got a bit of trouble with fitting e.g. V5 dynamic clothes to one of my story characters, because the V5 breasts by default are already large compared to hers and then the dynamic looks a bit crumbly in the breasts area - even when tweaking the shrink options. This one just looks like it will be perfect. On top of that it adjusts very well to V5 even, so that is a plus :)

edited December 1969

Zelroth said:

Then I hope when it comes out that you will post renders. I'd love to see them.

edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:
    Very nice :) looking forward to this one.

I always got a bit of trouble with fitting e.g. V5 dynamic clothes to one of my story characters, because the V5 breasts by default are already large compared to hers and then the dynamic looks a bit crumbly in the breasts area - even when tweaking the shrink options. This one just looks like it will be perfect. On top of that it adjusts very well to V5 even, so that is a plus :)

Yes, I just used an animated drape since fit to doesn't do as well with V5 as with Julie, and I decreased the stretch resistance (both X and Y). That allowed the dress to stretch over her shape a little to fit better.

edited December 1969
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646
    edited December 1969

ThespiSis said:

I was wondering ThespiSis, what shoes and socks did you use in the promos? I am assuming that since they are not mentioned they come from a different outfit. thanks

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

I'm not allowed to answer because it's her advertising thread, I'm sure she'll see it though.

edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    I'm not allowed to answer because it's her advertising thread, I'm sure she'll see it though.

:D Indeed, I saw the question at lunch but wasn't in a place to answer at the time.

The cute long stockings are from Fisty's Perfect Shoes and Stockings.

The shoes I've used the most there are the Tassel Loafers for Genesis.

Dorothy's shoes are the Pretty Basics Ballerina Flats with Fisty's Sparkles for Studio shaders applied.

The funky high-heeled Mary Janes that Wednesday is wearing seem to have disappeared from the store, though they were a Genesis version of the Cuban Shoe in this V4 set.

edited December 1969

I have uploaded the character I used for the promos to ShareCG.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/70768/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Alice-for-Genesis-YT-Julie